The Art of Living by Making Art

Jewellery inspired by nature and made by hand.
How I make it, why I make it, the challenges I face and the successes that come my way.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Finding Details

Whenever I visit somewhere new I, of course, take my camera and what I love photographing are architectural details, especially metalwork. I have a series of pictures down the sidebar of this blog. A part of me would love to work in a big scale, I actually took a short welding workshop long ago, but my business is jewellery and for now that is what I am immersed in.

I have just returned from a quick trip to the city of Milwaukee, a place full of very interesting ornate architecture, much built by the origianl immigrants from Germany. These doors were on a theatre we passed walking around the historic Third Ward. I think they are made of copper. As my husband and our friends walked on I just had to stop and get up close to the doors. The copper had a wavy pattern embossed in the metal and I love the patchy verdigris and the large rivet heads!



Happy photographing!



No comments:

Post a Comment